Planning To Study MBA In The UK?
Management is an important aspect of every business and every industry vertical. Top business houses and organizations want to hire qualified managers who have the right skills. This is one of the reasons that an MBA is a today considered one of the most important qualifications in the business world. One important thing that you need to keep in mind is that you have to ensure that you study MBA from a good institute.
The growing demand for MBA degree holders from UK universities:
A large number of Indian students want to pursue MBA from the UK. Before we check the different options for MBA in UK for Indian students let us understand why more and more Indian students want to study in the UK
- UK has some of the top-rated and reputed universities that offer different types of MBA programs.
- There is a huge demand for management professionals in different fields like the chemical industry, finance industry, travel and tourism etc. The universities in the UK have a range of management courses for aspirants.
- Students who complete their MBA from reputed universities in the UK have a better chance of getting lucrative job offers from some of the best employers across the globe.
Interested in knowing the eligibility for MBA in the UK for Indian students?
The eligibility requirements for MBA or ms in UK for Indian students can be different for different universities. But some basic formalities remain the same in the case of most business schools like work experience, IELTS score, GMAT score etc. In case you are looking for MBA in UK for Indian students without IELTS then you need to check which other English language proficiency test scores are accepted by the universities.
Time to know about the different types of MBA in the UK:
When it comes to choosing MBA courses in UK for Indian students we first need to check the different options available for International students:
This is a one-year course in which the student gets complete theoretical and practical knowledge and the student can complete the course faster.
This is a 2 years course that only non-UK and UK citizens can pursue while they are doing a full-time job. The part-time MBA option is not available for international students.
Online MBA programs:
If you are looking for the cheapest MBA in UK for Indian students then you can choose the option of the online MBA program in which you can pursue the course remotely. This option helps to save the travel cost of the student.
MBA from India or MBA from the UK? What must one choose?
Now you surely want to know why you have to opt for MBA from the UK rather than MBA from India.
- In the UK the MBA course is of 1-year duration whereas in India the course is of 2 years duration.
- In the UK the specialization part begins in the form of practical training right from the beginning of the course. In India, the student gets to do the specialization only in the 2nd year of the course.
- Many students check the MBA in UK for Indian students' requirements and pursue MBA in UK because in the UK the MBA course covers the different specializations and also teaches business skills to the aspirants. In the case of an MBA in India, the student has the liberty to just choose one or two specializations.
- MBA in the UK can be called an affordable MBA in UK for Indian students because as compared to MBA in India the students are saving valuable time as well as money and the chances of getting a good job are better when the student completes his MBA from the UK.
- The eligibility for MBA in UK for Indian students is not very complicated and as compared to India the students may find it easier to get admission to the top MBA colleges in the UK.
- One may find that the cost of studying MBA in UK for Indian students is almost the same as that of pursuing an MBA in India. But the students who are studying in the UK can cover this money by doing part-time jobs and once they complete the course they can get a high-paying job in a good company easily.
Reasons Indian students must choose to study MBA in the UK:
There is not one but a plethora of reasons that international students prefer to pursue their MBA degree in the UK. Listed below are some of the prominent reasons for studying MBA in the UK:
- The quality of the business courses in the UK is simply outstanding. This country has been providing quality business education for ages and even today they have unbeatable MBA courses. The course curriculum is designed in the best possible way and this is the reason that the MBA degree from the UK is globally recognized.
- The UK is one country that has highly rated and globally recognized MBA colleges in UK for Indian students and all international students. Well-researched quality education is one of the most important features of these universities. Once the student completes the MBA course from one of the globally recognized universities in the UK then he can rest assured of getting some of the best career opportunities from across the globe.
- The universities in the UK prepare the student to take up challenges in the real world. For this, the universities do not simply focus on theoretical training but the emphasis is more on practical training so that the student develops a research-based outlook and is better prepared for the global business world.
- In the UK the MBA course fees are less as compared to a few other countries. The fees for the MBA course can vary for different colleges and universities in the UK. Also, one more advantage that the student gets is that the MBA course in the UK is for one year whereas in countries like India it is a 2-year course.
- In the UK international students also stand a chance to get scholarships which makes things easier for them. An important point to be noted here is that international students get a lot of benefits in the UK as compared to local students.
- On completion of the MBA course from the UK, the student can get a good job in a top organization. The practical skills of the student, his knowledge etc are also a decisive factor for getting high paying jobs.
Check the details of the top Universities in the UK for doing an MBA:
There are around 150 universities in the UK and out of these 100 are in the United Kingdom. The student needs to have an idea about the best MBA colleges in UK for Indian students and it is also important that the student is aware of the eligibility criteria and requirements of the universities.
There are 2 types of universities in the UK and these are public funded universities and the Russell Group of Universities.
The public-funded universities are funded by the Government of the UK and these universities have competitive fee structures as compared to the private universities. All the Russell Group universities are public-funded but all the public-funded universities do not come under the Russell group.
Some of the public funded universities are the University of East London, Birmingham City University, University of Worcester, Coventry University, and Anglia Ruskin University.
Russell group of universities which has 24 universities is considered a group of top universities in the UK. The courses in these universities are of high quality which helps in developing a different perspective in the students. The universities follow a research-based approach and you will find that a large percentage of international students are enrolled in these universities.
Russell Group of universities:
- University of Birmingham
- University of Bristol
- University of Cambridge
- Cardiff University
- Durham University
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Exeter
- University of Glasgow
- Imperial College London
- King's College London
- The University of Leeds\
- University of Liverpool
- London School of Economics & Political Science
- University of Manchester
- Newcastle University
- University of Nottingham
- University of Oxford
- Queen Mary, University of London
- Queen's University Belfast
- University of Sheffield
- University of Southampton
- University College London
- University of Warwick
- University of York
A quick look at the documentation requirements for studying MBA in the UK:
- The applicant has to submit his 10th and 12th mark sheet.
- He must have a valid passport and also needs to submit his photographs.
- Marksheet and transcript of the bachelor's degree also have to be submitted
- The applicant also has to submit the IELTS test scores.
- 2 letters of recommendation and a statement of purpose also have to be submitted by the candidate.
- The applicant also has to submit his CV and he also needs to provide complete details about his work experience.
For more details about studying MBA in the UK connect with Education Bricks:
Connect with our experts right away at Education Bricks to get complete information about pursuing MBA in the UK.