The University of Melbourne is a highly reputed and second oldest university of Australia. It is hailed as the best in all of Australia and New Zealand by U.S. News and World Report in 2022. According to the QS World Ranking 2023, over 10 courses of the University of Melbourne ranked among the Top 20 in the world. The University of Melbourne is divided into 10 disciplines offering UG & PG level courses in over 100 subject areas. International students are offered over 600 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs at The University of Melbourne.

Unimelb offers living-learning opportunities to international students in its six campus residences and three precincts. The University of Melbourne acceptance rate is around 70% which is lightly selective regarding its admission. The university currently houses over 54,000 students. Out of them, 51% pursue undergraduate education while the rest 49% study at the graduate level. With 44% of international students hailing from more than 150 countries across the world, the university showcases its multicultural environment. To secure admission, students have to submit a GPA equivalent to 70% or higher. For Unimelb MBA programs, students require a GMAT score of 560+

The fees of studying at Unimelb are approximately 70 lakhs for Indian students. The University of Melbourne MBA is a flagship program, fees for which turn out to be around 54 lakhs. For students in need, there are a wide variety of scholarships offered by the University of Melbourne and loans to study in Australia, covering up to 100% of tuition fees.

 

The University of Melbourne Rankings

  • #33 in QS Global World Rankings, 2023
  • #7 in Graduate Employability Rankings by QS Global World Rankings, 2022
  • #33 in World University Rankings by Times Higher Education, 2022
  • #25 in Best Global Universities by US News and World Report, 2022
  • #1 in Best Global Universities in Australia by US News and World Report, 2022
  • #1 in Best Global Universities in Australia/ New Zealand by US News and World Report, 2022.
Programs Total Annual Fees
Bachelor of Science [B.Sc], Data Science INR 20,01,306
Master of Science [M.S], Mathematics and Statistics INR 15,58,367
Master of Information Technology [M.I.T] INR 26,64,365
Master of Science [M.Sc], Information Systems INR 26,64,365
Master of Science [M.Sc], Data Science INR 25,63,789
Master of Computer Science [M.C.S] INR 26,64,365
Master of Engineering [M.Eng], Mechanical with Aerospace Engineering INR 17,02,006

 

The University of Melbourne Campus

  • Starting as a mere cluster of buildings in a large park in Parkville, the University of Melbourne campus is now spread across 6 locations. Southbank, Burnley, Hawthorn, Creswick, Dookie, Shepparton, and Werribee.
  • In addition to campuses, the university connects with three urban innovation precincts, namely Melbourne Biomedical Precinct, Melbourne Arts Precinct, and Melbourne Connect.
  • The Unimelb campus exhibits 11 libraries, 12 museums & galleries, and 38 cultural collections.
  • Students are provided options of exploring a wide range of cultural activities via 200 affiliated clubs and societies.

 

The University of Melbourne Accommodation

  • International students have the option of choosing between the University of Melbourne accommodation on-campus and residential houses.
  • Students have to submit a separate application to apply for accommodation at Unimelb.
  • They have the option of selecting three to five accommodation preferences.
  • No application fee is charged as of now.
  • Once allocated a room, students are required to confirm about the same within 48 hours.
  • Weekly rental charges for University of Melbourne accommodation range between 200 AUD to 800 AUD.

 

The University of Melbourne Admissions

The application process for the University of Melbourne is well-established and specified. The University of Melbourne application outcomes are generally released within 4-8 weeks for degree by coursework programs and 8-12 weeks for degree by research programs. To apply for The University of Melbourne admissions 2023, international students need to follow the steps given below.

 

Undergraduate Admission Requirements:

  • Academic Transcripts
  • GPA equivalent to 70%
  • State board matriculation exam scores 
  • Statement of Purpose
  • LOR
  • English proficiency test score
  • TOEFL iBT: 79
  • IELTS: 6.5
  • PTE: 58
  • Passport.

 

Postgraduate Admission Requirements:

  • Academic transcripts
  • GPA equivalent to 65%
  • English proficiency test score
  • TOEFL iBT: 79
  • IELTS: 6.5
  • PTE: 58-64
  • GRE/GMAT Score
  • GMAT: minimum 560
  • GRE: minimum 310
  • Personal statement
  • Resume
  • Passport.